Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rewinding to 2011 for a moment.......

There are a few events that happened last year that I never journaled about which are too important to skip. So, before moving on with more of 2012 I want to make sure I don't forget about a few things. First, my dear Grandma's passing. She passed away last May very peacefully at a Care Center where she resided for only a couple weeks (if that.) She and I had a very special relationship, I think because we had a lot in common. She spoiled me, along with my sister Nicole and my cousin Jill. Jill and I had many, many, many outings with our Grandma where we would go shopping and to lunch at the Tiffin Room in ZCMI and when that shut down Training Table was our place. We always came home with at least one new outfit. My Grandma loved fashion and she always looked stunning. I will always remember her jewelry matching her outfit's perfectly. You would never see her without her lipstick on or her fingernails painted. She was also the fun Grandma who would go on the scariest fastest roller coasters with you. I will never forget the images of her white hair sprayed hair not moving an inch as the roller coaster whipped us around. Whenever I see Double Mint Gum I think of her. And unfortunately I will always remember the smell of your cigarette smoke filled car and home but I didn't care. I still loved spending time with you. Miss you Grandma Betty!






My Grandma's husband Wayne (my step-grandfather) He passed away just a few months after.
I owe A LOT to this man. His name is Ron Simmons. He is the man who took my father under his wing as a young boy. He is the man who took him on Scouting events. He is the man who taught my father about the church. He is the man that truly aided in changing generations by, being such a wonderful example to my father and teaching him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you Mr. Simmons!! I was so honored to meet you at the funeral.

Brian Rustad, Brian Bruschke, Brent Bruschke, Ryan Morgan, Brett Bruschke, Ryan Bruschke, Brad Bruschke, Tyler Rustad.

And I cannot forget the U2 concert!! Can check that off my bucket list! :-) One word AWESOMENESS!!

Our loyal dog Gator. For the record.....we do miss him but know he is in a loving home and being well taken care of. I am sure he is very happy!

Preschool graduation.....though now it is almost kindergarten graduation! Wanted to make sure we always remember Little Scholar Academy and cute Miss Laraine. All 3 of our kids had the best experience there. So grateful Brock was able to finish there before we moved to Idaho. We also can't forget his favorite friend, Annalise!!


No comments:

Fun in the Leaves!

Fun in the Leaves!