Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma


My sweet Grandma turned 87 on February 12th. My cousin and I and whomever can come take her to Training Table each year on her birthday. I'm not sure if Training Table really is her spot of choice but thats where we go. This year we had a huge group.....it was great. In the past we would usually hit Old Navy afterwards where she would by our kids an outfit. Now doesn't that sound backwards? She buys our kids stuff on her birthday. She is the best! She is where I inherited my love for shopping....back in the day my cousin and I were her shopping buddies. She never had any daughters to buy cute girl clothes for so my cousin and I were spoiled rotten on our shopping ventures. We alway's had so much fun. Now at 87 shopping has beome more difficult, although I gurantee she could still go on the rollercoasters at Lagoon:) Love ya Grandma!!

3 comments:

Duston said...

What a great tradition and memories you have of your grandmother!

Megan Bruschke said...

Melissa,
I didn't forget about sending you the link to my blog, I just didn't enter your email right in my phone - techno retard, here! Will you email me at megmccaul@aol.com so that I can get your email?
It was fun to see you a couple of weeks ago, and we really do want to be better about staying in touch! Take care!

dimickfamily said...

What sweet memories to have with your Grandma...some of my fondest memories are with you and Grandma Johnsen! I told Jess we need to try to take her to dinner before this baby comes...let me know if you're up to it in the next week or so!

Fun in the Leaves!

Fun in the Leaves!