Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lost Dog For a Day


A few days ago "C" realized that our dog Gator was not in the backyard. At first I thought that was not possible. We have had this dog for 7 years and he has never escaped or gone missing. I checked every possible inch of the backyard and "C" was right our Gator......the hubby's hunting buddy was gone. We had been gone pretty much all day and didn't notice he was missing until 3:30, so we weren't sure how long he had been out. Our gate was completely shut and there was no way he could fit under the fence so we were completely stumped as to how he got out and where he was. So we hopped in the car and started driving around trying to find him. Of course nothing. I called the animal shelter and they didn't have him.....yet anyways. We searched for him for hours. Once "R" got home from work he decided to head out one more time before it got dark and if he didn't find him we would call the animal shelter the next day to see if he was turned in. As "R" was driving he happened to see the animal control car driving in one of the neighborhoods he was searching in and waved her down. Well after a few hours of our kids freakin out that we would never see our dog again ("W" even said that she would give us all of her money to help get him home) the "dog catcher" had him. We only had to pay a small $55.00 fee to get him back:) We still have no idea how he was able to get out but at least he's back......I guess:) BTW.....The little dog Griffin in the picture escapes all the time but he always comes back its the big dog that obviously doesn't know his way around our neighborhood:) Also, "B" sneezed right when I was taking the picture.

4 comments:

Duston said...

So glad Gator is back even if that means we are still on patrol when you're gone! I could tell R was soo bummed when he went out looking for the last time. I was wondering if B was crying… glad it was just a sneeze.

Blanck said...

Um I was almost excited for you. ha ha just kidding. YOu know I am such a dog lover. I am glad he is safe with your family again

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

Sorry I let him out, I was working on my routing in the back yard.

Ute Family said...

That is so scary to lose a dog. When I was 17 we lost ours for about 24 hours. I was so scared. But we found her. It's so sad for kids to lose their little animal friends. Glad everything turned out ok!

Fun in the Leaves!

Fun in the Leaves!